To assist in ensuring that all services/therapies are offered in a comprehensive, timely and cost effective manner, highly qualified Rehabilitation Support Staff may assist in the completion of therapeutic interventions with clients, under the supervision of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists or Speech Language Pathologists. Rehabilitation Support Workers/Physiotherapy Assistants are matched with clients based on knowledge and experience base, as well as compatibility with client. It is not uncommon for clients to have two or more Rehabilitation Support Staff working with them at any given time or throughout their rehabilitation journey. As their needs change, the need for rehabilitation support is assessed on a continual basis to ensure that the appropriate support is in place as required to assist in maximizing independence, and ensuring that their rehabilitation goals are being met in an effective and client centred manner.
Rehabilitation Support services include:
- Work, education and leisure support
- Attending of doctors and other medical appointments
- Assistance with organization and implementation of compensatory strategies to maximize independence
- Fitness support
- Support for increased independence with activities of normal living
- Completion of prescribed activities under the direction and supervision of treating Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist